What is the meaning of life?

Is there a God?

Will I get laid tonight?

Why is there suffering and death?

Is there life on other planets?

Which are better, dogs or cats?

How can I lose weight and keep it off?

Do I really have a soul mate?

When is the World coming to an end?

Why do men lose their hair?


Can talent work non-union in Argentina?

No, even non-professional actors must abide by the union (Asociacion Argentina de Actores).

Here is a document detailing the local rules.

Talent Rules

Talent workday is 8.45 hrs.

In regards to talent from abroad, Argentinean law says that if someone is brought here to perform the role that one of our actors could do, we need to pay a percentage (12%) of the buyout that we would pay for an Argentinian actor in that particular role.

Please note that working permits for kids takes 5-6 working days.

Children working hours:

- 0 to 5 years old: 4 hrs. maximum

- 6 to 10 years old: 5 hrs. maximum

- Over 11 years old: 6 hrs. maximum

- Only day work allowed (from 6.00 AM to 8.00 PM)

* Exceptions can be made (only until 10.00 PM) if it’s shown that it isn’t possible to shoot during the daytime and while the psychophysical integrity of the minor is not disturbed.

- Children cannot shoot during school hours.

** Exceptions can be made for a single day of filming.

Usage rights (buyouts) are considered part of the actor’s remuneration, so a territory/region must be confirmed at the time of hiring and paid regardless of actual usage. This only applies to the first year and not to eventual renewals. We can do a release for a minor role and upgrade if necessary. We can’t do that for the person playing the roll of the protagonists, as it’s clear that s/he will play the protagonist during the shoot.

We can ONLY pre-lock the cost of 6 other countries. 3 must be named in the talent release as options and 3 can be any others, as noted in the talent release. Territories comprising of multiple countries cannot be locked unless paid upfront, only specific countries can. For example we cannot guarantee the cost of an Eastern European package unless paid with the original buyout. Other countries should be negotiated afterwards.

Nationalization Argentina

New Argentinian Production Law came into effect on 3/1/14.
This is an executive summary and although there are aspects of the law that are yet to be implemented and understood, this may help make sense of the new rules and their implications.
We hope you find them useful.
*Law #26.522 ("Ley de medios" or "LdM")
1) Article #81 establishes that all ads aired on argentine open TV, subscription services and national signals must be produced locally.
2) A "national production" is defined in Article #4 as a production where programs and messages are produced entirely in the Argentinean territory, or when there's a co-production with foreign investment in which case the participation of Argentinean citizens or Argentinean residents - authors, actors, artists, musicians, directors, journalists, producers, researchers and technicians – must be of no less than 60% of the total staff involved.
3) The law understands "Co-production" as the joint realization of one single spot or ad campaign by 2 or more production companies (Article #3, resolution 983/2013).
4) Under resolution 983/2013, every single ad must be registered in the "Registro de publicidad audiovisual para televisión" (A.K.A. "el Registro"). Thus, TV channels (open and cable) are only able to air ads registered at "el Registro".
5) Airing a non-registered ad, or one not including the lettering "AVISO PUBLICITARIO DE PRODUCCIÓN NACIONAL" ("National Production advertising spot") or "AVISO PUBLICITARIO DE PRODUCCIÓN EXTRANJERA" ("Foreign Production advertising spot") followed by the registration number will be punished - which might be anything from an apprehension to a fine, suspension, expiration of license and registry, amongst others.
6) Ad agencies, announcers or ad production companies that fail to register or present the proper paperwork, or produce the ads in other conditions than the ones declared might be punished with their suspension from the REGISTRO PÚBLICO DE AGENCIAS DE PUBLICIDAD Y PRODUCTORAS PUBLICITARIAS (Argentinean Registry of Advertising Agencies and Production Companies) for a period of time between a month and a year including the revocation of the license.
7) The bylaw of article 81 of the "LdM" states that it is possible to broadcast ads that are not produced locally, as long as they come from a country where reciprocity conditions apply in terms of the broadcasting of advertisement messages. It is the agency and announcer's duty to prove the reciprocity by invoking the existing treaty to the "Registro".
8) The paperwork must be submitted through the web site that will be created to that end. (UPDATE: as of today the site has yet to go up).
The law will go into full effect on 3/1/14 but there will be a grace period of 90 days (6/1/2014) during which there will be no penalties.
This is the latest information we have. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions, and feel free to forward this message on to a friend:
Now, on a more upbeat note, here are 9 experiences you can only have in Argentina:

Customs Cars Procedure

The car has to enter the country as a used car and it must have at least 100km.
We will need to have the paperwork 10 days prior to arrival.
- Car's pictures
- Price
- Technical specifications
- Arrival and departure transportation (plane or ship)
*We need the details above in order to quote customs costs

Foreign working visa procedure

- Letter signed by a public notary (Red Creek will take care of it), but it will take 48 hrs. to be completed.
- Talent has to sign an authorization once s/he arrives to the country.
- Our representative will go to the immigration offices with the authorization and passport.
- An immigration agent will stamp the visa on their passport.
* It might happen that the talent has to go to the immigration office with our representative (so far, it’s never happened).

Reciprocity Fee

American, Canadian, and Australian citizens have to pay a reciprocity fee when arriving to Argentina.
USA- The cost is USD160 and is valid for 10 years for multiple entries. The payment needs to be done online.
Canada- The cost is USD92 and is valid for multiple entries up to 1 month prior to passport expiration date. The payment needs to be done online.
Australia- The cost is USD100 and is valid for 1 year and for 1 entrance. The payment needs to be done online.
Here’s the complete information for the payment:
Reciprocity Fee:
The Argentine National Immigration Directorate (DNM) has launched a new online method to enable payment of the reciprocity fee via credit card. Travellers can now pay this fee through the Provincia Pagos payment system.
American, Canadian, and Australian citizens can pay the reciprocity fee before entering Argentina by accessing the following website: www.migraciones.gov.ar
How can I pay the Reciprocity Fee Online?
1. Register at https://reciprocidad.provincianet.com.ar/Registro.aspx and obtain an entry code.
2. Complete the form, including personal and credit card details. This information and the entry code will be sent electronically to the DNM.
3. After payment is processed, print the receipt.
4. Upon arrival in Argentina, go to the DNM Office and present the printed receipt.
5. The receipt will be scanned by DNM staff and the data will be validated to enable entry into Argentina.      


Production Notes

1. Shooting Permits in the Island
The very first step in order to do all paperwork is to obtain all necessary permits to shoot on the island and present a Dossier with the following info:
- Passport copies of everyone coming to Cuba for the shoot. We (the Agency) must create Work Visas for everyone (the Client).
- Script
- Production period and shoot dates
- Possible locations
We’ll take care of presenting the above-mentioned Dossier with all of your information once you’ve provided all of the required details. Passport scans will be crucial for this.
All permits are done simultaneously. These are the following steps:
1. Project Award
We will present the Dossier of the project with the following:
Synopsis, timing, possible locations, and passport copies of all the people traveling to Cuba for the project.
The approval takes about a week.
2. Shooting Permits
Getting permits for locations in different provinces will take another week.
3. Permits of each location
With the permission of point 2 (shooting permits) we are covered for public and private areas. If the chosen locations are under the jurisdiction of state institutions then that will be managed by the same permissions for the use of its spaces. The time depends on each location.
Once the project has been accepted, we can simultaneously request the shooting and location permits in order to save time. Keep in mind that both are needed.
2. Working Visas
Citizens from all over the world are welcome to Cuba; there are no constrains to any nationality. With the exception of Russian citizens, a VISA is needed to enter the country. The most commonly issued is a TOURIST VISA and it is easily affordable through any Travel Agency selling flights to Cuba. In some countries like Canada, Mexico, and Panama (to name a few), you buy it right at the airport check-in counter. There is no need for a previous application.
We will provide our clients with a Hotel Voucher in case you are asked for a hotel reservation in Cuba.
Seeing the amount of time it takes to get a WORK VISA before arriving to the country, we suggest that you to fly in with a TOURIST VISA  and once in Havana we will get the WORK VISA. We’ll start this procedure in advance by using passport copies. It is totally legal to change migratory status once on the island.
If you are coming from the USA you will not be able to get a direct flight to Havana, so you should fly through Canada, Mexico, or Panama.
3. Customs & Immigration
In order to arrange Customs clearance we will need a detailed list of all equipment being imported; including item description, serial number, and estimated value. It should be sent to us 7 working days prior to arrival. Flight details and the full name of the person flying with the gear will also be needed.
In the case of a shipment, we’ll need the AWB, packing list, and pro-forma invoice. The time estimated to get clearance is also 7 working days.
It’s possible to arrange for the importation of other goods needed for the job as well.
The procedure will be different in the case of food, clothes, and other similar items.
A detailed explanation will be sent to our Clients according to each specific project.
ATA Carnet is not valid in Cuba. We’ll just need a list as mentioned above.
When you walk off the airplane you should first go through Immigration (they care about people and not the items). There they stamp your Visa Card and the most they will ask you is where you will stay. Presenting a hotel Voucher or any other Hotel Confirmation document will be better.
Once you go through Immigration you go through the X-Rays for hand luggage & passengers. X-Ray Customs officers will have a copy of our Customs Clearance in case they ask about some of the equipment you are carrying.
Afterwards you'll go to collect your luggage and then walk out. Our Customs Agent will be inside Customs just by "things to declare". When the X-rays (for luggage) detect something, which is “uncommon”, they put a mark on the luggage tag. So when you are walking out, Customs Officers at the door will ask you to go and check it by “things to declare”, and there you'll meet our Customs Agent who will be holding a sign with your name. He'll have all Customs Clearance paper with him. If you just walk through, someone from our company will be waiting outside for you.
All importation procedures for equipment and wardrobe will be made under the name of our Customs Agent, which technically means that you will be "the carriers" and we will be "the importers". It justifies the contradiction of bring equipment and being a Tourist Visa holder.
From the inside of Customs you can always call us on our cells and we can get you in touch with our Customs Agent in case you have any issues.
Even when all papers are okay, Customs might do a routine control but will hardly check all of your items.
The way out of Cuba is much simpler as you'll already have the Work Visa. Immigration will stamp the Visa Card and will keep it.
4. Accommodation
We have an in-house Travel Agency in Cuba (Island Universal Tour), and take care of booking rooms for everyone. We have contracts with all of the hotels on the island and therefore provide good fees.
5. Cash payments in Cuba
Cuban cash payments are made in CUC (local currency). CUC 1.00 = USD 1.00 (approximately). You can easily exchange money at any hotel money exchange counter or you can withdraw cash by using your credit card (Visa and Master Card issued by non American Banks) at the same places.
Soon credit cards issued by US banks will be accepted, but just to play it safe, it’s better to avoid it for now.
Cash is accepted in most restaurants.
If you bring cash, EUROs are recommended. We can exchange it at the Exchange Bureau. There’s a 20% penalty on USD cash exchange.



Talent Rules

The new Chilean Talent Agreement determines that Buyouts are no longer mandatory upfront. Clients will only pay for recognizable talent in the final cut.
10 hrs. (13- 64 years old)/ 8 hrs. (65+ years old) including lunch.

6 hrs. (0- 4 years old)/ 8 hrs. (5- 12 years old) shoot day plus 1-hour lunch.
No nighttime labor.
- OT for talent NOT INCLUDED


Talent Rules

10 hrs. (13- 64 years old) 1 hour travel time allowed before meter starts.

6 hrs. (0- 4 years old)/ 8 hrs. (5- 12 years old) shoot day plus 1-hour lunch.
No nighttime labor.
- OT for talent NOT INCLUDED
We can divide the actual fee into two parts. Guaranteeing 50% of the total fee and then the other 50% after it has been aired. It’s not set in stone but we can negotiate in advance during the casting sessions. What could happen is that the person to pay doesn’t accept the 100% payment regardless of if it’s aired or not.


Nationalization Brazil

**** Update 28.04.16 ****
As per Brazilian law and regulations, there are different options to air a commercial in Brazil but in all cases an ANCINE tax (CONDECINE) will have to be paid.
Bottom line is, if you need to broadcast in Brazil and shoot elsewhere there will be an additional expense in order to nationalize the spot. It’s important to note that besides the ANCINE FEE, the client will need to pay a Brazilian Production company to nationalize the film as well as a local agency to distribute copies (these costs are NOT included in the rates below).
Tax/fee based on the media usage for spots shot abroad which are NOT considered Brazilian:
All Media - R$250.300 + Brazilian Version (VO or Subtitles done with a Brazilian vendor).
Broadcast TV - R$210.000 + Brazilian Version (VO or Subtitles done with a Brazilian vendor).
Cable TV - R$30.000 + Brazilian Version (VO or Subtitles done with a Brazilian vendor).
** For these options the spot needs to be finished and takes around 30 days to nationalize.
Tax/fee based on ALL MEDIA usage for spots considered Brazilian:
Shot overseas, using a Brazilian director, produced by a Brazilian production company, and 1/3 of crew must be Brazilian - R$70.000 + Post Production in Brazil.
Shot in Brazil, with Brazilian director, and produced by a Brazilian production company (100% Brazilian) - R$4,500 + Post Production in Brazil.
Shot in Brazil, with foreign director: is NOT considered Brazilian although the rest of the production and crew are Brazilian. The fee in this case is the same as the one paid when shooting abroad: R$250.300 + Brazilian Version (VO or Subtitles done with a Brazilian vendor).
Each spot from the same campaign will have to be nationalized separately. From one same spot up to 5 versions (lifts, reductions, etc.).

The fees above are for 12-month usage. It isn’t possible to pay more than 12 months in advance. 

English: http://www.ancine.gov.br/manuais/filmar-brasil/filming-brazil-english
Spanish: http://www.ancine.gov.br/manuais/filmar-brasil/filmar-en-brasil-espa-ol


Rental House

Use the following links to find rental houses in each country:
http://camarasyluces.com/ ARGENTINA
http://www.congofilms.tv/ COLOMBIA - CHILE
http://www.musitelli.com/site/ URUGUAY


Do we need Visa?

Click on the following link to verify the countries where you will need a visa. Simply select the country where you’ll be going, the country where you’re a citizen, and the country where you currently reside, and it will tell you the necessary requirements:


Valid for Chile and Colombia

Procedures for importing products including cars through customs are very streamlined and simple.
The main advantage is that Chile and Colombia have ATA carnet, so this allows them to release cars and products in 48 hrs. for use within their countries.

Copyright 2001-2019 © Red Creek